Kissing is known to be a common and intimate practice all around the world. However, did you know that kissing comes with health benefits and concerns? Kissing not only creates an intimate connection between two people but also offers some benefits. This article helps you learn the health benefits of kissing and how you can…
Boosting Your Self-Esteem With Veneers
- People with dental veneers can enjoy a brand-new smile and self-image. If you are tired of what you see when you look in the mirror, there are solutions. Placing a veneer over an unsightly tooth can change the way you see yourself and what others think when you open your mouth. Your dentist can help you decide whether this is the right option for you.
How Veneers Work
- A dental veneer is a thin shell that attaches to the front surface of a tooth. It can be made of either porcelain or composite resin. The veneer bonds to the tooth with cement. To attach it, the dentist first reshapes the tooth by removing a slight amount of enamel. The dentist cleans, polishes and etches the tooth. Next, a light is applied to the veneer and activates chemicals in the cement to quickly harden it.
For Discolored Teeth
- It is not uncommon for people to have stains on their teeth. Most of the time, these will not affect the person’s smile. However, when teeth become badly discolored with spots of yellow or brown, it can be embarrassing. The dentist can make veneers in a wide range of color shades to match the patient’s desires. The veneer will cover the discolored teeth, leaving the person with the shade of white they have always wanted.
To Repair Chips and Other Blemishes
- Accidents and injuries can damage teeth. This is common in front teeth where hard blows to the face may chip, crack or break portions of the tooth. This unsightly appearance can hinder a person’s smile and make it difficult to be in social settings. Thankfully, veneers can restore the tooth’s appearance to the shape the person wants. This effectively eliminates the defect.
Correcting Abnormally Shaped Teeth
- A person may never want to smile if they have irregularly shaped teeth. Living with bulges in teeth or badly misshapen teeth can make it hard to eat or even speak as well. Veneers may be the right way to take care of these problems. Even the most severe issues do not stand a chance with effective veneers covering the teeth. When the patient does not prefer aligners or braces, this may be a good alternative.
- A person may have low self-esteem if embarrassing gaps are getting in the way of smiling or speaking. These issues are noticeable every time the person opens their mouth. Veneers can help close these gaps, eliminating the spaces between unusually small teeth.
Making the Choice
- For peace of mind and a feeling of self-worth, veneers can help. The dentist can help the person decide whether this is the right treatment. Before beginning the process, the dentist will speak with the patient about the pros and cons of the procedure.
Get Back Out There
- If you have been hiding because you hate your mouth, there is a way to overcome your fear. Veneers have helped adults of all ages regain their self-worth. Speak to a dentist near you about whether you are a good candidate. Make an appointment today and get started.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Maintaining good oral health is essential for overall health and wellness. Tooth decay is a common problem and can lead to severe complications such as infections, abscesses, and even tooth loss. It is essential to take preventive measures to protect your teeth from decay. In this blog post, we will explore the different stages of…
Going to the dentist is an essential part of maintaining good health, but it can also be a stressful experience for many people. Sometimes, dental appointments can lead to post-cleaning symptoms like nausea, sore jaw, and sore lip. And in some cases, patients may experience flu-like symptoms, which can be scary and confusing. In this…
A bright, healthy, and straight smile is a sign of good health and can significantly boost your confidence. However, not everyone is blessed with a perfect smile. That's why dental treatments such as braces, veneers, and teeth whitening have become increasingly popular. But do you know about tooth shaving? It is a dental procedure that…