When someone wants to improve the appearance of their smile, a cosmetic dentist may recommend one of a number of treatment options. Cosmetic dentistry consists of procedures that fix minor problems with the teeth, gums, or bite. Some reasons for treatment include crooked, stained, or misshapen teeth; jaw misalignment; or a gummy smile.The type of…
Is Cosmetic Dentistry Really the Solution to My Smile Problems?
As a cosmetic dentistry office in St. George, we are in the business of transforming smiles and do so on a daily basis. We love what we do because it gives us the opportunity to give our clients a fresh start, a renewed confidence that really shines through. Still, many people call asking if cosmetic dentistry is really any different from regular dentistry and what we can do to help them. We understand that there is a great deal of confusion surrounding what we can and cannot do, which is why we focus on patient education.
Bottom line: As a cosmetic dentist, we can give you a beautiful smile and correct most aesthetic problems you have with your smile. How we do so and what the exact results will be, depend on the condition of your teeth right now.
Ways a Cosmetic Dentist Can Help You:
- Close gaps in between your teeth
- Whiten your teeth and remove deep stains
- Make crooked teeth appear straighter
- Change the shape or size of your teeth
- Promote a strong and healthy jawbone after tooth loss
- Replace your missing teeth
- Restore your damaged teeth
In our St. George cosmetic dentistry office, we have a variety of tools to accomplish these goals. Our objective is to solve any challenges you are facing in a way that looks entirely natural. We want your replacement teeth or restorations to look like natural ones, so no one will know you ever had a dental health issue. Whether you were in an accident or lost a tooth, we can help repair the damage. If we are completing a full smile makeover, our goal is to give you a smile that looks so beautiful and so natural, people will think you were born with it. Our skill and expertise allow us to make you look as though you were born with the most brilliant, beautiful and perfect smile.
A few of the ways we do so is with:
- Dental bonding. For a fast restoration, we can place bonding material on the surface of your tooth, shape, and harden it. This is an excellent solution if you have a cracked or chipped tooth that needs to be fixed immediately.
- Dental veneers. Our patients love dental veneers because they can solve virtually all aesthetic issues. They can cover dark stains, close gaps in between teeth, change their shape and size, and create a truly stunning Hollywood-style smile.
- Dental crowns. When teeth are more severely damaged or much of the enamel is missing, a crown can be placed around the tooth instead. A crown is a cap created using tooth-colored porcelain or ceramic. It works incredibly well when your tooth structure is missing.
- Teeth whitening. This is one of the easiest ways we can improve your smile in our cosmetic dentistry office. Whitening your teeth can make you look younger and healthier. Plus, it is very affordable.
- Dental implants. We can replace your teeth and strengthen your jawbone. By placing dental implants, we can restore your smile, appearance, and the functionality of your missing teeth.
There is so much we can do for you in our St. George cosmetic dentistry office. To learn more, call and schedule an appointment.
The focus of a cosmetic dentist is on improving the overall appearance of the smile. To achieve this goal, dental professionals employ a variety of common treatments.Some patients seek cosmetic dental procedures due to accident, illness, or trauma that has affected the appearance of the smile. Others want to change the appearance of the mouth…
Teeth whitening kits are available for purchase at supermarkets, pharmacies, and online, and many patients assume these kits are equivalent to the teeth whitening provided by a qualified cosmetic dentist. However, as professionals who have completed dental school as well as extensive training in shaping, whitening, and upgrading patients’ entire smiles, cosmetic dentists are able…
Patients who approach a cosmetic dentist with concerns related to misshapen or broken teeth may hesitate to go on dates, call friends on a video chat platform, hold virtual meetings, or even speak and laugh at social gatherings. Damaged and misaligned teeth, a smile that is discolored, large gaps in teeth, or unsightly fillings can…