During pregnancy, oral health becomes even more crucial. Expectant mothers should prioritize their well-being and that of their growing baby, which includes dental care. However, it's essential to consider safety factors when undergoing dental work. In this blog post, we will provide a comprehensive overview of the safety of dental procedures while pregnant. Maintaining good…
The Cost of Dental Crowns: Everything You Need to Know
- Has your dentist mentioned the possibility of a dental crown? Dental crowns are an incredibly popular dental solution that can effectively restore damaged or decayed teeth, bringing them back to their optimal health and functionality. Lasting for many years, the cost of this treatment can vary based on several factors. Join us in this blog post as we delve into the various types of crowns, their importance, how to prepare for the procedure, and, most notably, the exciting aspect of the cost. Choosing and obtaining dental crowns may seem overwhelming, especially when considering the financial side. However, fear not! By the end of this blog, you will possess all the necessary information to make an informed decision regarding the perfect crown that aligns with your requirements, budget, and lifestyle.
Types of Dental Crowns
- There are different types of dental crowns, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s explore the main materials used for crowns.
- Porcelain is a popular choice due to its strong resemblance to natural teeth. It can be color-matched to your existing teeth but may be prone to cracking or chipping.
- This material is highly durable and long-lasting, although it may not be the most aesthetically pleasing option.
- As a newer type of crown, ceramic offers a natural-looking appearance that blends well with your other teeth. However, it can be expensive and may not be as resilient as other materials.
- Resin crowns are both cost-effective and durable. However, they can be susceptible to staining and yellowing, making them less suitable for use on back teeth.
- Stainless steel is often used for temporary crowns due to its affordability and durability. However, it may not be visually appealing.
Reasons for Needing Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns have multiple purposes and may be recommended for various reasons. If your teeth are worn, chipped, misshapen, or have a cracked tooth, your dentist may suggest using a crown to restore them. Furthermore, crowns are utilized in root canals, implants, and bridges to address structural damage, discoloration, and fill gaps left by missing teeth.
Preparing for Dental Crowns
- The process of getting dental crowns typically involves two appointments. During the first appointment, the dentist will begin by removing any damaged or decayed material from the tooth and shaping it in a way that allows the crown to fit properly. Afterward, an impression of the tooth and its neighboring teeth will be taken. This impression will serve as a model used to create a customized crown in a dental lab. During the second appointment, the crown will be securely attached to the tooth using a dental adhesive.
Cost of Dental Crowns
- The cost of dental crowns can vary based on several factors. These include the experience of the dentist, the location of the practice, the materials chosen for the crown, and insurance coverage. On average, dental crowns can range in price from $800 to $1700. It is important to gather multiple quotes and compare prices before making a decision.
Durability and Longevity of Dental Crowns
- Dental crowns offer exceptional durability and longevity. With proper care, many crowns can last for more than ten years. The lifespan of a crown, however, is influenced by factors such as the material used and the frequency of use. Additionally, tooth damage, decay, or gum disease can impact the longevity of a crown. Therefore, it is crucial to maintain routine dental care and oral hygiene practices to effectively prolong the life of the crown.
Looking for More Information? Call Us Today!
- If you have any more questions or need to schedule an appointment, please don’t hesitate to contact St. George Dental Care. We are here to help you gain a better understanding of the different types of dental crowns available, the reasons for needing them, how to prepare for the procedure, and the cost and durability of various materials. By making an informed decision, you can invest in your oral health and overall well-being, enjoying all the benefits of a healthy and properly functioning smile. Don’t wait; reach out to St. George Dental Care today!
Schedule with Saint George Dental Care Today
- Request an appointment here: https://www.stgeorgedentalcare.com or call St. George Dental Care at (435) 628-9099 for an appointment in our St George office.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Dental bone loss, a significant condition impacting countless individuals globally, can result in tooth loss and various complications. It is crucial to comprehend its causes, symptoms, and treatment options. As we age, our bones and teeth weaken. Nonetheless, dental bone loss can affect individuals of any age. This article presents a comprehensive understanding of dental…
Maintaining oral health is crucial for overall well-being and demands consistent attention and care. Crown replacements are a prevalent dental procedure involving dental caps to protect and restore a tooth's natural shape and appearance. As time goes by, crowns can deteriorate or become damaged, resulting in discomfort and potential long-term dental issues. This blog post…
Valentine's Day is right around the corner, and for many of us, that means a day filled with chocolates, sweet treats, and delectable desserts. While these indulgences can make Valentine's Day extra special, they may not be the best for your teeth. Fortunately, our guide is here to help you enjoy the satisfying sweetness of…