A smile makeover is a series of treatments that are performed to improve how a person's teeth look. The process is unique for each patient because the treatment recommended is based on their specific cosmetic needs. Your smile is an important part of your appearance because it is one of the first things that people…
5 Benefits of Doing a Smile MakeoverFor many people, a smile makeover can positively impact their lives. Addressing unsightly or damaged teeth can be very beneficial for numerous patients. Some of the most common causes of tooth damage include:
- Severe untreated tooth decay
- Trauma or injury, resulting in chips, cracks, or breaks
- Enamel loss from overbrushing or a highly acidic diet
- Serious gum disease
- Lack of quality dental care
- Genetic predispositions to dental problems
Five perks of choosing a smile makeoverAddressing various dental issues with a smile makeover is very important to help maintain good oral health. It can also allow dentists to determine the underlying cause of the cosmetic concern, which may require lifestyle changes or additional dental treatment.
1. Restore full tooth functionHealthy teeth play many important roles in a person’s life. They are one of the first components of the digestive system and they help prevent complications by enabling a person to thoroughly chew their food. Teeth are also necessary for proper speech. A damaged or missing tooth or improper alignment can impair these important functions. A smile makeover helps ensure that all teeth can fulfill their roles in multiple areas of health and wellness.
2. Prevent bone lossIf you are dealing with a severely damaged or missing tooth, it is important to have it repaired as soon as possible. Failure to do so can result in many preventable issues, including potential bone loss. When the normal force exerted on the jaw bone no longer occurs in a specific location due to tooth loss, it can cause the bone to weaken and even deteriorate in that area. Over time, this can lead to a weakened bone that may change the shape and structure of the jaw and face.
3. Limit future damage and complicationsWhen a tooth is damaged or out of place, it can directly impact the surrounding teeth. This can lead to more dental injuries down the road if left untreated. For example, nearby teeth will now have to withstand extra pressure and forces when biting and chewing to make up for the lost or weakened tooth. This often leads to chips, cracks, or wearing down the surfaces in otherwise healthy teeth. In addition, any current tooth problem, no matter how small, will likely worsen over time or spread to other teeth if not addressed promptly. Quick treatment can help ensure a better outcome while preventing more unnecessary dental work.
4. Reduce or eliminate alignment issuesCrooked teeth can create a smile that is less than appealing. However, improper tooth alignment can do more than affect a person’s appearance; it can also lead to pain, jaw problems, and improper bite formation. Poor alignment can also cause speech and digestive issues while significantly increasing the risks for tooth decay. Treating crooked teeth with a smile makeover can help relieve or eliminate these complications.
5. Improve the look of your smilePerhaps the main reason most patients even consider a smile makeover is to improve the overall look of their teeth and gums. Many treatments can help teeth appear straighter, more even, and whiter. Others can even help the gums appear healthier and more aesthetically pleasing. This results in a beautiful smile, which can give many people the confidence they need to enjoy a better quality of life.
Smile makeover treatment optionsWhen it comes to repairing or replacing teeth, there are numerous options available to you. Chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth may be treated with veneers or crowns. Missing teeth or those that are too damaged to be repaired can be replaced with a bridge, an implant, or dentures. Which option you choose will depend on a variety of factors. A dentist can offer guidance based on your needs and overall oral health.
ConclusionWhile a smile makeover can boost self-esteem, there are several other benefits to choosing this type of dental treatment. Most options can also improve dental and overall health, making them a practical option for many patients. A dentist can help you determine which type of treatment is right for you and offers the most benefits based on your unique situation. Request an appointment here: https://www.stgeorgedentalcare.com or call St. George Dental Care at (435) 628-9099 for an appointment in our St George office. Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Smile Makeover in St George, UT.
There are many reasons to get a smile makeover. In addition to the more obvious visible improvements, a better smile can increase confidence and overall health. While many people consider undergoing this type of transformation, fewer are aware of the actual procedures involved. Changing the look and health of teeth usually involves more than one…
If you have a plethora of oral problems, then you may be wondering if a full mouth reconstruction is a good choice for you. You can get an idea of whether you are a candidate for this procedure with some basic information. Visit your dentist to get their input if the following information describes you.Dentists…
In the past, having crooked teeth meant you had to wear braces. They can be quite uncomfortable, expensive and difficult to keep clean. These days, there are various ways to straighten your teeth without using traditional braces.Here are some of the other ways to fix your crooked teeth.There are two different types of dental retainers,…