A dry socket is a condition that can occur after you have had a tooth extracted. It is a painful and relatively common complication, occurring in about 5% of cases. In this blog post, we will discuss what a dry socket is, what the signs and symptoms are, and what treatments are available. We hope…
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4?
- If you’re missing multiple teeth, it may be important to consider the All-on-4 dental implant procedure. However, in order to consider the procedure, you will have to be a good candidate. Want to know what makes you a candidate for the All-on-4 dental implant procedure? Read on to find out. This article can help you understand whether or not you’re a candidate for the All-on-4 dental implant procedure. If you’re considering dental implants to replace your missing teeth, you may want to read more about All-on-4.
Am I a candidate for the all-on-4 dental implant procedure?
- The All-on-4 procedure only works in certain situations, for certain people. Ultimately, it is best to consult with a dentist or oral surgeon about whether or not this procedure will work because each person is different. So, want to know if you can have the All-on-4 procedure? Find out more below.
Need a full arch replacement?
- The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is ideal for someone who needs a full set of teeth replaced within their mouth – either the top row or the bottom. Full arch replacement can be done through the All-on-4 procedure so long as a patient has all of the following.
Good oral health
- One of the most important things that makes a person a candidate for the All-on-4 dental implant is whether or not they are in good oral health. Having good oral health will ensure that there are enough healthy tissues and healthy bone within the mouth to support the dental implants. Good oral health means healthy teeth, healthy gums and enough bone structure to support the All-on-4 implants. Aside from oral health, it is also necessary that the person is in good overall health. Because dental implant placement is pretty invasive, the entire body must take part in the healing process. Bad health can put a person at risk while the wound heals. Infections are more likely to spread and cause complications.
- Are you a non-smoker? If so, then you might be a great candidate for the All-on-4 procedure. Smoking can put a person at extreme risk, especially when invasive surgery like dental implant placement is involved. A person that doesn’t smoke has a better chance of being a candidate for the All-on-4 procedure than someone who does.
- Certain medications that a person takes such as antidepressants or osteoporosis healing medications can cause complications with the healing process of implant surgery like All-on-4. If a person has been on these medications or needs to be, they may not be able to handle a procedure that is as in-depth as this.
Contact us today
- The All-on-4 implant dental procedure can be a beneficial option for someone who is in need of tooth replacement. However, not everyone is a candidate. Ultimately, it is best to consult with an oral surgeon or dentist to see if you are a candidate. If you have questions or want to be evaluated for the All-on-4 procedure then reach out to our office, we are here to help you! Give us a call or stop by our office today.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
If you're like most people, you probably don't think much about bone loss – unless it happens to you. Dental bone loss is a serious problem that can lead to tooth loss, and it's something that dentists are constantly fighting against. In this blog post, we will discuss what bone loss is, the causes of…
Dry socket is a painful condition that can occur after you have had a tooth extracted. It is caused by the bone healing process, and can leave you feeling miserable. In this blog post, we will discuss the symptoms, causes, and treatment of dry socket. We will also provide information on how to prevent it…
Did you know that tooth decay is the most common form of oral disease in the world? It's a problem that affects people of all ages and can lead to serious health problems if it's not treated. In this blog post, we will discuss tooth decay stages. We'll talk about what each stage entails, and…